Monday, August 4, 2008

Triathlon: And why I DID IT!!!

Two posts ago I gave you the sob story of why I was not going to do the Spudman. Monica, who was to do it with me, read this post and promptly called me. She helped me recognize that I could do it and that she would make sure I did. So with her support, I did the Spudman weekend before last! Here are a few of the picture that Neil took of Monica and I throughout the event:Monica and I dancing in our super-sexy wetsuits right before the race.
Monica has wetsuit dancing skills I can't even comprehend!


I am the penguin in front. If you will first direct your attention to my enormous smile. This is me realizing that I survived the swim! Second, direct your attention to the fact that I am not the last person in on the swim. I was close but not the last, what an accomplishment!








On the left is me coming in from the bike ride to transition into the run and on the right I am in the home stretch!









A (sweaty) picture of Monica and I just after the race. Thanks Monica for a great time! Who's up for next year?

6 comments:

Danielle said...

*bows over and over again* We're not worthy! We're not worthy! We're not worthy!!!

Way impressive!! I salute you, you buff lady, you!

Brynn said...

You guys are awesome! Monica is such a great supporter of first timers! I couldn't have done my first marathon without her.

Ashley said...

Go Eve and Monica! You guys are awesome! Very impressed!

Deirdra said...

Your even crazier than I thought :) Way to go! What an awesome accomplishment.

Jessica said...

You are amazing! I am totally impressed, I wish I was that fit. Maybe someday when I don't have to respond to my girls every whim.

Malia said...

You are AWESOME girls! That is a huge accomplishment - SO cool!!!