Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wilderness Quilt


Okay some time ago I told those of you interested in participating in the Women Protecting Wilderness art show that I would update you when I knew more. Well, I know more now so here goes;

We are creating a wilderness quilt of profiles of all different women (and any men who want to participate) who love the wilderness and want to see it protected. What you need to do is
1. write a short statement of 50 words or less about what wilderness means to you or why it is important
2. choose a personal picture of you, your family, your friends or just a landscape that you like (mine is the biker chick picture above)
3. give a one or two word description of what you do (e.g., mother, wife, student, wanderer, teacher, etc.)
4. put all of these elements in an e-mail and send it either to me or to Deeda@SUWA.org

We will format them and let you approve the final look of it. The art show is going to be at the end of October I will let you know more when it comes so you can attend if you would like. This may also travel around the state to every county but we will see.

If you would like to find out more about this project go to www.SUWA.org/WPW and if you want to get involved with the organization (or think you might) we are having a meeting this Thursday that I can give you more details about if you are interested.

E-mail me or post a comment if you have any questions, the sooner you get these in the better. Thank to all of those who showed an interest in this project, it means a lot!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Hey Justin and Eve how are you guys? This is Robin, I found your blog off of Jake's. It's been forever, how have you been?

Jessica said...

What do you mean by wilderness? I have great pictures of forests, lakes, and mountains. But technically I don't think they are wildernesses. Anyway, I love the idea and I would love to be apart of it.

Vudochki said...

awesome awesome awesome. the one time i actually wouldn't mind living in utah is for something like this, but I'm thinking in my liberal green (but really blue) state of Massachusetts there's got to be some kind of "wilderness quilt". I need to check it out. Way to go on working to become green! I must admit, I've become a bit of a slacker. oops. must be that republican inside of me :) Miss you, Eve.
Love, Jessica aka, the coolest old roommate from Colorado there ever was :)

Ryan Rose said...

This is a rad project. I too live in the lovely blue state of Mass., but I'm a Utahn born and bred and always love a chance to spread my love of the redrock country. I just sent this to all the wild women I've traveled with there. Hopefully we can all contribute!

Cheers -
Ryan Rose (aka desert rose)